Welcome to Exile II: Crystal Souls
This is the Official Hint Book as originaly published by Jeff Vogel. When he decided to no longer publish his hint book, I offered up this version. Now with his gracious permission, I submit this hintbook for your enjoyment.
As you are no doubt already aware, Exile II is a very in-depth, detailed game, even larger that its enormous predecessor. There are three overall game quests, all of them very involved, and a host of side missions as well. The worl is vast and ominous. Finding your way through the game and to its conclusion (yes, there is a conclusion) can be difficult, if not darn near impossible. Thus, this hint book.
This hint book contains many section. It is designed so that you can take the first hint given and not be told exactly what to do and where. If you don't want to mess around with mere hints, you can also go straight to the final answer.
It's your choice. Odds are, if you have a question, it's answered in these pages. Whatever you do, don't be ashamed of looking in this book. Exile II is a product designed for fun. If you're stuck somewhere, and the game is no longer fun, you not only can, you should get an answer. Fun is the only important objective. This book is here to increase it. So go forth, and conquer Exile II! If you're stuck, this book will be waiting for you.
Exile II is a tricky game to get established in. The missions are difficult, and the monsters are challenging. Still, there are many opportunities to get ahead, if you know where to look.
The first thing to do upon creating your party is go to the storehouses to the east, and grab everything you can. Don't forget to search for secret doors in the northern walls - there are two nice items in a hidden room. Also, look for gold behind the building you start in.
Be careful around Fort Ganrick now. Soon, it will be attacked by Nephilim while you are entering or leaving. Don't hang around unless your party is in pretty good shape.
Now go to Fort Draco and buy a little better equipment. It's time to start adventuring.
The best place to start is probably the dungeon directly underneath Fort Draco. It's small, not too challenging, and very convenient to back from. Going to Gunston's Homestead is a good idea, too. The salamanders are a tough fight, but the reward is a good one.
There are now two dungeons to gain experience and treasures: the Nephilim Castle and the Verdant Valley. It's probably better to start at the Castle - there's much more treasure on the monsters inside it. Do the small, secret cave to the north of the Nephilim Castle first (remember - you search for secret passages by walking into the walls). This is the best route to get inside the Castle. Also, be careful - it's easy to move too far in and get ambushed by monsters on the way out when you're weak.
Most monsters in the Verdant Valley don't have loot. On the other hand, they aren't as tough as the monsters in the Nephilim Castle (for the most part), and there are two good piles of treasure in the place. The first is in the brigand's lair in the northwest corner. The other is in the sub-dungeon filled with lizards you can find int the southease corner of the dungeon.
OK. Suppose you're sick of these two dungeons. Now what? Well, the spiders across the river from Fort Draco send you on a misison to fight the aranea. Aranea are tough, but they have a lot of loot, and the reward is lucrative.
After going through these adventures, your party should be tough enough to start exploring in earnest. One warning - when the Vahnatai spirit shows you the exit in Formello, don't go down it too quickly. It's a one way trip, and if you aren't prepared, you don't stand a chance.
Where are the Alchemical Concoctions?
Where are the Mage Spells?
Where are the Priest Spells?
To use this section: Find your question in the appropriate section. Look at the number. Turn to the last section, and find the appropriate number in the list. This will be your hint. If more than one number is given, each number represents a hint, with later numbers giving more advanced hints. Read them from left to right; don't skip to the middle. The later hints will generally build on the earlier ones. If the clue gives a coordinate, use the level 1 Priest spell Location to find your current coordinatesl
Exile II is split up into 4 chapters, each with its own puzzles and goals. This chapter deals with the problems and questions likely to come up in each chapter.
This is the introduction of the game. Here, you build a strong parth, get used to the surroundings of Exile, and start figuring out what's going on. Don't be afraid to leave puzzles unsolved and dungeons unexplored - you'll be back here someday.
What is my goal in this chapter? 4
How do I survive the attack on Fort Ganrick? 22
I keep getting killed trying to get into the Nephilim Castle. What should I do? 14
There's a gate in the Nephilim Castle that asks me for a password. What is it? 21, 3
I found a path blocked by webs. How do I pass them? 13, 27
How do I steal Motrax's treasure without him attacking me? 2
I can't pass a corridor because I don't have "Magi Clearance." How to I get it? 12
I have to destroy this evil altar. I've found it. How do I destroy it? 20, 26
I found this door outdoors that asks for a password. What is it? 11, 25
How do I bring down these barriers outdoors that everyone's so upset about? 10, 19
I found this place called Solberg's Tower. How do I get in? 162
Dark Waters involves a long, one-way trip through grim, monster infested tunnels. Many are the ruins and many are the dangers that must be faced, as you explore the abandoned lands of the mysterious Vahnatai. Dark Waters is a stressful chapter for many gamers, because of fears that something important will be left behind. Don't worry about it. The chapter is designed so that, even if you breezed through doing the absolute mininum you could do, you still will not damage your ability to finish the game in any way. So do what you want.
What is my goal in this chapter? 9
I'm stuck down a waterfall. How do I go back? 18
I found this weird creature called a Vahnatai in a house. What do I do? 8
I found this place called the Barrier Tower. How do I get in? 17
How do I open the gates in the River Fort? 11, 7
I'm trying to pay my respects to Dahris-Bok, but his dungeon is a pain!
What do I do with the levers? 16, 24
There's this room with three portculli. How do I pass? 6
The vampire keeps killing me! What do I do? 29
I thought the Vahnatai wanted to talk to me. Why are a bunch of them attacking me? 23
I found this dungeon where someone was trying to awaken a bunch of Vahnatai in these big crystal coffins. How do I do it? 5, 15
Once I reach the Vahnatai lands, Some towns won't let me in, and I can't speak their language! 30
At last, you get to meet the mysterious and threatening Vahnatai, the beings responsible for the barriers dividing up your homeland. You must learn their language and customs, and convince them to stop their attacks against you. There are many adventures in this section. Some of them must be done now, and some of them shouldn't be done until much later.
What is my goal in this chapter? 49
What should I do first? 53
I can't understand what the Vahnatai are saying, and they keep attacking me! What do I do? 38, 48
How do I pass the Test of Speed? 46
How do I pass the Test of Combat? 37
How about the Test of Mind? 54, 44, 51, 47
What do I do when I pass the tests? 36
What should I do in Olgai? 45
How do I get back to Exile? 52
Nobody in Fort Haledon wants to talk to me. 35
How do I get into the Vahnatai Fortress? 43,
50 What do I do once I'm in? 42
There's someone called Rentar-Ihrno. Where is she? 41
Where is the Mica Tome? 34
How do I get it? 33, 40
How do I pas Delrin-Bok's checkpoint? 39
How do I kill Delrin-Bok? 32
At last, you're ready to act! You know what is going on, and what you need to do, and you have the power to do it. There are three overall game missions, and much must be done to complete each. Better get to it...
What is my goal in this chapter? 56
There's a dungeon call the Trapped Halls with six levers. How do I enter? 69
How do I get in to see Athron? 101
How do I get past all these magical barriers (fire and force) in my way? 82
How do I create quickfire? 70
I need to cross a chasm (or lake). How can I get over it? 95
Where do I find graymold? 102
Where do I find the recipe for Graymold Salve? 71
I've found this diseased monster I need to heal. How do I do it? 96
I've found these Empire lands, but guards keep attacking me when I try to enter. How do I pass? 1044
I found this dungeon called Totem Tunnels. How do I get in? 107
Where is this item?
Red Pass 831 Blue Pass 98 Gray Pass 109
I found the dungeon the Blue Pass is in. How do I get into it? 107
Where can I find a fire lizard egg? 200
How about the Orb of Thralni? 105
How do I get Demonslayer? 72, 84, 97
What's the deal with security clearances and town missions?
Tower of Magi Mission -
How do I do it? 58
Almaria Mission -
Where do I go first? 62
What do I do once I'm there? 77
Where do I go now? 91
How do I get in? 99
What do I do once I get in? 106
I finished the mission, but with Sixus dead. Can I keep him alive somehow? 103
Patricks Tower Mission -
Where do I get Borgia Toadstools? 2022
Fort Remote Mission -
Where do I look for the Pass? 93
What is this about a teleporter in the Tower of Magi?
What about the other missions?
There's a woman named Elspeth in Silvar who want's help finding Nance. Where do I look? 85
In Dharmon, a woman needs a package of medicine. How can I help her? 205
Exile II has three overall game quests, all difficult (some more than others). This section describes what they are, and all the steps necessary to complete them.
This mission is the most involved. Each Crystal Soul is hidden in a well guarded Empire stronghold, and each requires a good deal of effort to recover.
Crystal Soul of Jekknol-Bok
Crystal Soul of Caffren-Bok
Where is it? 190
Where do I go first? 120
Where is the key to get in? 50
Where is the item I need? 168
I have some evidence. What do I do now? 121
What do I do at Fort Haledon? 191
Where do I go then? 122, 140, 157, 182
Where do I go in Ornotha Ziggurat? 141, 175, 196
Crystal Soul of Vyvnas-Bok
Where is it? 151
Where do I go first? 115
And how do I get there? 136
And how do I get in? 162, 173
Where is Athron? 116
How do I enter Athron's lair? 153
What is the next step? 137
And where are those people? 174
How do I create quickfire? 117
How do I enter Akhronath? 154
How do I get out? 166
How do I get the crystal soul? 118, 115???, 138
As you travel, you will hear horrifying rumors of a device the Empire is building: a massive teleporter which it will use to flood Exile with enemy troops. Unless it is destroyed, Exile will be in grave (probably mortal) danger. Better do something about it...
How do I get started on this quest? 192
How to I find Pyrn? 183, 125
How do I get the information from him? 170, 143, 159
How do I get the onyx scepter? 126, 177, 144
Where is the Tower with the information on the portal? 123
Where do I go then? 169
What do I do at the Empire Archives? 124, 142, 158, 176
Where do I go now? 203
How do I get through the first tower? 160
The second? 184
The third? 127
How do I get into the Portal Fortress? 197
How do I destroy the Portal? 128, 145, 171, 178, 193, 161, 185, 146
Garzahd is the archmage who commands the Empire's forces in Exile, and the mastermind behind all their most sucessful plans. If he were dead, it would be a devastating blow to the Empire's army.
How do I start? 129
Who do I see first? 194
Who do I see now? 130, 147, 162
Where is a Ring of Will? 186
Where is a Blessed Athame? 180
How do I get through the waterfall maze? 135
I've found the Halls of Chaos. How to I get the athame? 150, 164, 188
Where is Garzahd? 179, 131, 148, 163, 132, 198
How do I reach him? 187
How do I cross the bridge to his fortress? 133
How do I pass these evil damaging runes in his fortress? 199
How do I get through his fortess? 149, 134
How do I survive all these monsters? 173
How do I kill Garzahd? 195
4. You goal is to find out about the barriers cutting you off from the rest of Exile, discover who created them, and begin your journey to meet them. This part ends when you take the boat you find after leaving through the passage in east Formello, and begin your journey to meet the Vahnatai.
6. Stepping on a space in the 3x3 room south of the portculli opens/closes some portculli. The trick to to step in the northwest corner an odd number of times. Then the puzzle is easey. Leaving the dungeon and reentering resets the puzzle.
7. Go to the Watery Ruins, which are in the southwest corner of this outdoor section. In the northwest corner of this dungeon are hexagonal bars. Get one (or more - you can sell them later). Then return to the River Fort. There are two special spaces where you use the bars to open the gates to let your boat pass.
22. After a certain point in the game, don't return to Fort Ganrick until your party is fully healed and well armed. Let the soldiers run up and take most of the punishment. Throw in a few summoned monsters to help them. Bombard them with spells. Wait as long as you can before fighting them, so that more fort defenders can come help. Hopefully, they'll be softened up enough that you can take them.
24. Enter the central room with the four portuclli. Leave by the east entrance. Find the wheel, pull it and return to the central room. Leave by the north exit, find the wheel, turn it and return to the center, got through the west exit, find and turn the wheel, return to the center, go out the south exit, and head west. Find Dahris-Bok and pay your respects.
32. To get in to Delrin-Bok, you need to position four levers, each in one corner of the fortress. The northwest and southeast levers need to be in the down position, and the northeast and southwest levers need to be in the up position. Then find your way through the maze and kill him.
45. The Council Chamber is just off the courtyard. Enter it, and submit to the Council's mental probe. This will prove that not all humans are evil, and they'll take down the huge magical barriers until they can figure out who the real thieves are.
51. To get past the next maze (this is just one solution): Start in the space south of the reset button. Go east 1, south 7, east 6, west 3, east 3, south 2, west 2, east 2, north 9, west 2,south 3, west 4, south 4, east 6, south 2, then west.
57. There are three security clearance, each reflecting how much secret information Exile trusts you with. The lowest, Soldier Clearance, you start with. The next highest is Magi Clearance, followed by Royal Clearance.
62. Take a boat upriver from Almaria, looking for entrances in the cave wall to the east. Going through one, you'll find a large chasm. Go around to the south side of the chasm (you'll need to find a secret passage). Wander through every open space you can find. You'll eventually enter the Tower of Sixus. (If necessary, look at the map.)
80. The plans are in the northeast corner of the second floor of Kothtar. Find the stairway on level 1 at 24,34. Go down. Go north to the lava pool and leave by the north exit. The plans are at then north end of a large room to the west.
97. Go to the fountain in Patrick's Tower with a potted plant on either side. Search the two plants. Search the statue. Go through the secret passage and down the stairway. Send one person in to get the sword. Be ready to fight.
99. In the hall with the levers, the third and sixth need to point left, and the rest need to point right. From there, head north. Give the lizard statues all your food. Eventually you'll reach a room with some mages. Fight your way through, pull a lever in a secret room to the north, and you'll be in. Search until you find Sixus.
100. Climb to the top level, fighting as you go, and kill Elderan. No nasty puzzles. However, some of the levers to open portculli are well hidden (one is under a crate, another is in one of the imprisoned monster's cells).
103. If you kill any of the mages guarding Sixus, he commits suicide. To reach Sixus without killing the mages: at the crumbling wall just west of the lizard statues, cast Move Mountains or Shatter on the northern wall. Go through, and head west. When you reach another black wall, cast Move Mountains or Shatter again. Go through the second door in the west wall. Answer 'Bevan', and then 'If necessary.'
105. The Orb of Thralni is on the third floor of Kothtar, in the northwest
corner. It can be reached by the staiway on the second floor at 46,11 (there are
trapdoors between the pillars just west of the staiway, but there are secret
passages to help you get around these).
The Orb is in a room with a lot of pillars. To reach it, from the space just north of the door, go west 4, north 10, east 4, and south 4. You'll get hurt a lot on the way.
106. Once you reach and kill the mages, search the north wall for secret doors. Go past, and pull the lever. Leave the room to the west, go north, and go through the first door on the left. Of course, Sixus ends up dead, but that can't be helped. Or, can it?
112. You must have asked Pathass, in Gnass, about 'ritual'. Go to the second level. Look for three pools in the southeast corner. Touch each of them. Search for a boat (past a secret passage), and go to the island in the center of the lake.
113. Go to the dungeon Giant Fort. The female gremlins are in the southeast cornter. You may need to use the spell Move Mountain. After finding them, return to the gremlin grove. In the back of it, you'll find the ingredients you need to make Power Potions.
124. Enter via the north entrance and search the wall to the west for secret passages. The boat will get you over the lava. To get in you'll need the key from the center of the first level of the Tower of Elderan.
127. To get past the hall of pillars in this tower: Stand at the northern doorway. Go south 1, east 5. You'll be teleported. Go north 2, east 2, north 1. You'll be teleported. Go south 2, east 6, south 6, west 1. You'll be teleported. Go west 2, south 2, west 2, south 2, east 4, south 4, and out.
130. Erika gives you a lead on how to reach Garzahd. How do I reach her? 136 How do I get in? 165, 173
132. From the space north of the door into the pillar room: west 6, north 2, east 2, north 4, west 2, north 2, west 2, south 4, north 4, east 2, south 2, east 2, south 4, west 4, south 2, west 2, and straight north.
135. Start just south of the totems (which are west of the entrance to the waterfall area). Go south 3, down the waterfall, south 1, east 4, south 4, east 2, south 6, east 1, south 1, east 2, south 1, down the waterfall, south 1, west 2, south 1, down the waterfall, south 2, east 4, south 2, east 3, down the waterfall, east 3, and into the dungeon.
138. The easiest way to get the Crystal Soul is to create a horizontal line of fire barriers north of the square barrier in which the soul is kept. Go through it, and create quickfire to the south of it. Grab the crystal soul (taking damage all the while), and run north through the fire barrier. Magic resistance or protection spells help.
150. Once in the Halls of Chaos, you need two keys. Each is down a stairway at the northeast corner. However, you can't reach one stairway when a barrel exists on the level, and you can't reach the other when a crate exists. Stepping on 35,14 creates a barrel to the south, and stepping on 36,14 creates a crate. Fortunately, pushing the crates and barrels in the water makes them disappear.
153. As soon as you enter, head east and search for secret doors. Enter the portal beyond the passage. Enter the next portal, and answer 'redmark'. You will teleported to somewhere nasty, ant then can teleport back to the start. Repeat this process until Athron decides to see you.
163. To unlock the door, you need the key you read about on the back of Thompson's dresser. The key referred to is in the west end of the Blasted Ruin. You need a Move Mountains or Shatter spell to reach it.
164. One key is in the pits of the trash that only one character can enter.
It's in a secret passage under trash, at the north end of a narrow corridor. To
get the other, you have to pass through the Spider's Maze. How do I pass it?
Once you get the keys, return to the first floor,a nd descend the stairway at 17,29. Go through the maze to the north. When you reach the room with three stairways up, take the northern one.
165. Enter Erika's Tower from the south. Pull the lever at 17,37 to open the portcullis. Pull the lever at 28,15 to open the next portcullis, then go north 1, east 5, south 2, east 4, north 2, and east to get through it. There is a secret door at 37,50. Pull the lever beyond it to turn off the ice walls.
166. You first need to kill everything in the Battle Pit, then climb the southern stairway. Search the pillars, and push the button you find. Send a PC out to find the lever which opens the doors. (It's at 22,61). Tip: Kill the golems through the window before sending a PC out. Finally, you need a key to get out. To find it, look at 118
167. Go to the Empire Docks to get a boat. Sail it around the cave wall north of Pyrog's cave, and look for a beach with two patches of white mushrooms. Search for a secret passage. If you spoke with the Council in Olgai, you'll be able to get into Pyrog's Fort.
172. You need to have a very, very strong party with lots of energy potions (made using alchemy) and powerful spells and magic items. Buy a lot potions from Silverlocke, on the plateau west of the Castle.
182. Once inside the ziggurat, you will need to fight a huge battle with the Empire defenders, including Garzahd (who flees when he takes only a little damage). If the Vahnatai attackers are with you, it's a difficult fight. Without them, it's very difficult, but not impossible. The point is to get out the northern exit. Hasting yourselves and making a run for it is an excellent option.
184. In the doomguard cave are four secret passages, one in each corner, each leading to a lever. Pull the one in the northwest, then the southeast, then the southwest, then the northeast and the gate will open. You don't need to kill the doomguard. In fact, it may be easier if you just run around them (or box them in with force barriers).
185. Go to the center of the portal area in between the two focusing crystals (in the middle of all the force walls). If you have the onyx scepter, you will be able to close the hole in the space-time continuum.
189. There is proof of the location of a Crystal Soul on the second level, at 35,8. Beware - there is a nasty trapdoor just before it. You'll need to find a secret passage to get around it. Magic Map helps.
190. This Crystal Soul is in Ornotha Ziggurat, a massive Empire fortress deep in their territory. You will need the Vahnatai's help to reach it. It turns out that a hidden passage in their territory leads to it.
191. To get the gates open, talk to Haineux. You can talk to him through the window. Take your orders to the office of Mahr-Tel, in the northeast corner. You will be attacked first. Once you reach hime, however, he'll tell you how to send the troops marching to Ornotha Ziggurat.
195. Killing Garzahd takes a lot of effort and wearing him down. Before entering his chamber, cast all the Major Hastes, Protections, and other spells you can spare. Take out as many of his henchlings as you can first. Then start wearing Garazahd down.
196. Once you have the Crystal Soul, immediately move west to jump out the opening in the wall. On the roof below, run south as fast as you can (hasting the party, and going into combat mode is the fastest way to move, and you can get off a few blows as you go).
201. It's called the Spider's Maze because when you leave webs behind, you can use them to mark the rooms. From the room with two teleporters, enter the right teleporter four times, then the left portal.
203. Look on the map for the Portal Fortress. You'll have to take a boat west from the northern islands, down a long river. Look for a ledge with swamp on it and search the cave wall for secret passages. Go through, and you'll be on the long path to the Portal Fortress.
What order should I do things? -
Since Exile II is so large, and it's so tricky to figure out where to start, here's some suggestions.
First build a strong party (be sure to do the Nephilim Castle and the Verdant Valley) in Chapter 1, and then get through Chapter 2. After getting in to the Council at Olgai, most of the stuff left to do in Vahnatai land is pretty tricky, so return to Exile. Do the missions at the Tower of Magi, Silvar, Mertis, and Fort Duvno first. These are easiest, and will build up your strength.
Then do either the Blosk mission (very little fighting) or the Almaria mission. Getting Sixus will be a challenge, but it is still doable.
After that, you should be ready to do some serious questing. Go back to Vahnatai lands and do Resting Cell #4 or the Vahnatai Fortress. Or head north and do the Tower of Elderan and the giants caves (the latter doesn't have much useful for the overall quests, but is a good place to accumulate experience and loot). Also try the Unfinished Fort or the Hidden Empire Fort - neither is too taxing, and you can get a pass.
Now think about taking out Fort Dolthar. This is a must, and not only because you can get Dispel Barrier from Fort Emerald afterwards.
Now you should be strong enough to look at recovering a Crystal Soul or two. Shoot for Jekknol-Bok first, or Caffren-Bok. Don't go to Akhronath yet - it's very hard.
Finally, whatever you do, don't go after Garzahd until the very last. You'll need all the strength you can get.
Teleporter Codes -
These are the codes that can be used in the teleporter in the Tower ofMagi, and their destinations:
Ent Bel Tor - Formello
Kav Ait Bon - By Erika's Tower
Ell Pit Esk - Barrier Tower
Owa Tah Ful - Akhronath
Zed Pel Nog - Silvar
Ain Eff Wyx - The Castle
Air Tel Bah - Blosk
Vag Obb Tor - Garzahd's Fortress
Eas Ter Egg - Try it
General Pointers -
Magical Barriers are one of the most aggravating things for your parties.
They're everywhere, hard to pass, and the mission to get the spell Dispel
Barrier is difficult.
Fortunately, you can buy Piercing Crystals in Egli. These can break down magical barriers. Also, most barriers are fire barriers, which can be walked through at the cost of taking some damage.
Magical fields (flame, cold, blades, etc.) are pretty dangerous too. Fortunately, the spell Antimagic Cloud erases any field it's cast onto.
Using doors closes them. Using webs clears them
Once quickfire is loose, you only option is usually to run. However, there are ways to manage it. It cannot move diagonally, or through fire or force barriers. It moves slowly througn antimagic clouds. It's possible to box quickfire in, although it's tricky.
Some doors (generally ones that require keys) cannot be opened by lockpicking or Unlock Door spells. Others cannot have their locks picked - you need to use an Unlock Doors spell.
Many people don't find alchemy useful. However, killer poison on arrows is an excellent way to kill mages. What's more, you can make Potions of Energy, which are useful in long dungeon expeditions.
It is possible to steal items safely. The important thing is to make sure nobody can see you when you take it. Close doors, and put up magical barriers to block the view of the townspeople.
The spells Simulacrum and Capture Soul are very powerful - don't neglect them. The trick is to find the right sorts of things to capture
About the basilisks - Basilisks and Ur-Basilisks are two of the most dangerous sorts of monsters you can face. The best thing to do is find a crystal shield, and have your highest level priest equip it. That way, when you get the Destone Spell, you'll always be able to cast it.
The stuff in this section may not help much, but it will point out some interesting things you may have missed.
Be sure to visit the Giant Intelligent, talking, Friendly Spiders to the west
of Fort Dracl. They make good comic relief.
A side note: if you ever play in one of Jeff Vogel's table top role-playing game sessions, expect to meet the spiders. Already, they have horrified many a gamer.
When destroying the Empire's Portal, be sure to not try closing the black portal with the onyx scepter and see what happens. Satisfying, huh?
There are five ways people in towns can improve your weapons.
Find the secret exit out the east side of the Lair of Sulfras?
Many of the people you meed in town are based on people I've met in real
life. Many are friends. Others relatives. Elmer in Mertis is based on my
grandfather (rest in peace). Others are based on waitresses who had my table
when I was working during lunches, and others are based on friendly looking
people who I waylaid as they passed by.
Finally, sets of NPCs in two towns were based on characters in two of my favorite TV shows. Can you find which? (Hint - I listen to a lot of Comedy Central while I program.)
Did you find the place to use the copper ankh? Talk to Linda, the Tower of Magi's resident psychotic in Exile? Notice the rather odd properties of the green crystal in Fort Emerals? Potential plot threads Exile III? Hmmm…
If you haven't done it, be sure to do the Test of Mind. It's a neat little dungeon.
In Chapter II, did you try picking up a bunch of spare hexagonal bars? Metal is valuable in Exile.
This is a comprehensive list of the towns/dungeons in Exile. By each town/dungeon name is a list of the important items that can be found at that location.