Enormous, epic fantasy role-playing adventure at its finest. Experience the enormous underworld nation of Avernum, whose shadowy lands are facing horrible peril. Only you can keep your homeland from sliding into anarchy.
As you wander the gigantic world of Avernum, you will experience:
- A gigantic world, with multitudes of characters and hundreds of quests.
- Epic storyline. Free the cities of Avernum from the madness of the black shades. And keep the citizens from killing you when you try to help them.
- Exotic enemies, with a wide variety of strategies, abilities, and, of course, cool treasures.
- Rich game system with dozens of spells, many character building options, and powerful secret skills to unlock.
- Truly huge game. Almost limitless adventures, dungeons, and hidden artifacts.
- Experience with previous Avernum games is completely unnecessary to enjoy Avernum 4.
(Download v1.1.2 for Macintosh, 20.1 MB)
This game only works on Mac OSX 10.11 and earlier.
(Download v1.0.1 for Windows, 18.6 MB)
Avernum is a nation underground. Its pale people live in endless miles of tunnels, pits, and gigantic caverns. Some come to Avernum to work the mines. Others come to hunt monsters for their treasure. And some risk life in the underworld because it is the only place where a person can be free from the total rule of the Empire.
But life in Avernum just became a lot more dangerous. All at once, everything has gone wrong. The savages and dark creatures of the lower tunnels, once beaten into submission, have returned. Gigantic beasts, shielded by powerful magic, have taken up residence in the cities, wandering and killing at random. And normally peaceful citizens have been afflicted by a strange, overwhelming paranoia, making even regular townsfolk unpredictable and dangerous.
Nobody knows why these disasters have occurred. But you, through good luck (or bad), have stumbled upon a clue. And thus, you become involved in a shadowy war and a deadly struggle, which will take you through strange lands, bandit cities, and the darkest depths of the underworld. Your mission: discover who has attacked your homeland, and stop them. Before everything falls apart.
- PC Running Windows 98 or later or Macintosh running OS X 10.3.9 to 10.11.
- 50 MB free RAM.
- 200 MB hard disk space.
- 1024x768 screen resolution with 16 bit color (Windows) or 32 bit color (Macintosh).
- Avernum 4 runs natively on Intel Macintoshes.
- The newest version of Avernum 4 for Macintosh requires OS X 10.3.9 or later. If you have an older Macintosh, you can get a copy of Avernum 4 that will run on your machine here.
- If you are having problems downloading or installing a game, we have some tips to help you out.